using barbatunnel to bypass ISP firewall

May 6, 2014 at 1:09 PM
My isp is prepaid broadband plan that requires me to topup whenever i want to use it. If I reach my quota they still give me internet access but only for certain sites (e.g checking account balance, reload). I use vpn to bypass the quota hence, it only required me to pay for the vpn service (which is about 1/4 the price of my isp).

but recently, my isp manage to block my vpn therefore I cant connect to my vpn unless I reload which means that i need to stop using vpn and start paying for my isp.

Is there anyway i can use barbatunnel to bypass my isp firewall so it can connect to my vpn?

I've already read the quickstart guide and I cant seem to understand the difference between 1.configure server and 2.configure client. Whats the difference between windows server and client?

ps; Sorry if my question sounds kinda dumb.
Coordinator
May 8, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Your situation is little strange for me and I wonder why you ISP does not calculate VPN traffic as part of your quota.
by the way you need to install BarbaTunnel in server too, it is the server that you connect to and in your case it is your VPN service provider witch you don't have access.
In any case even if you install BarbaTunnel, you makes VPN traffic looks as normal web traffic so your ISP will calculate it as your quota.
The result is that you can not by pass ISP quota by BarabTunnel and it is not designed for such purpose.
Thank you for your interest in BarbaTunnel.
Best Wishes.