UDP Broadcast Tunnel

Jan 24, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Hi, I want to tunnel Broadcast packets between two networks (in both directions), but I don't know if your tool is capable of doing this. Is it possible? I tried to configure the server and client but did not manage to get it working yet.
Coordinator
Jan 24, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean and what is it relation to barbaTunnel project. Are you using VPN?
Jan 24, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Broadcast packets are usually not forwarded by routers unless you configure them to do so. I ve no possibility to configure them, so i am looking for a way to tunnel them. Listen for a paket in network A, embed it in a TCP packet and send it to network B. There the paket has to be unpacked and retransmitted in the network. Same thing in other direction. BR Rainer.

Am 24.01.2014 18:15 schrieb "BarbaCoder" <[email removed]>:

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean and what is it relation to barbaTunnel project. Are you using VPN?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2014 at 5:15 PM
BarbaTunnel is peer to peer tunnel, I have no sense why u going to tunnel a broadcast packet. By doing this you just transfer a broadcast packet to a server and it will be loose there.
Jan 24, 2014 at 5:32 PM

No, if the packets are tunneled in both directions the server and the client are able to communicate.

Am 24.01.2014 19:15 schrieb "BarbaCoder" <[email removed]>:

BarbaTunnel is peer to peer tunnel, I have no sense why u going to tunnel a broadcast packet. By doing this you just transfer a broadcast packet to a server and it will be loose there.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Sorry, but i don't have any idea any more.
Jan 24, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Do you mean barbatunnel is not cabable of doing this or should i try to explain better?

Am 24.01.2014 20:24 schrieb "BarbaCoder" <[email removed]>:

Sorry, but i don't have any idea any more.