This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Very Fantastic Project

May 26, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Today i try to use it and it Work Soo well ..

but it need something if you can Compile it for Specially Linux , iOS , And Android it is wonder full .

and another thing ICS not work on it , cause i try it on my ios and not work , then it really need

coded for ios and android .

Again thanks for Grate Project .
May 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM
are you behind Iran firewall?witch ISP?with VPN or Proxy did you use barba?
would you clarify your config file settings?
thx
May 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM
yes , i using VPN to connect. it now ok some times ago i confront with low Speed but now every thing is ok .
May 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM
would you post your config file contents
May 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM
alimomen, try 6.4, it is ok and work perfectly.
May 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Mehranexpert wrote:

but it need something if you can Compile it for Specially Linux , iOS , And Android it is wonder full .

and another thing ICS not work on it , cause i try it on my ios and not work , then it really need

It is my wish to compile it for android and other mobile OS but I couldn't find any time to do it :(, just wish some other fresh people do it.
Enable ICS (Windows Internet Connection Shatring) on your VPN and it MUST work when VPN connected. It is not relate to BarbaTunnel.
  1. Make sure you enable ICS on VPN
  2. Do you have Windows 8? It has really problem on ICS! turn on and off ICS services.
    3, I already run ICS and my android device connected with ICS
  3. Make sure mobile device use your desktop gateway 192.168.137.1. Restart you mobile device after you enable ICS sometimes they strongly cash DNS and routes.
    Good luck
May 26, 2013 at 4:58 PM
bemamian wrote:
alimomen, try 6.4, it is ok and work perfectly.
Actually version 6.4 should not have any advantage over 7.0. Version 7.0 is much better and much more optimized, I think something in default configuration may raise issue that some people couldn't run 7.0. Do you install 7.0 in both side? do you completely remove 6.4? What is your FilterDriver? Please set LogLevel to 2 and send the log file of 7.0.
As you "Mehranexpert" run it wihtout any problem, please find the issue and report me.
Cheers
May 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM
BarbaCoder wrote:
Mehranexpert wrote:

It is my wish to compile it for android and other mobile OS but I couldn't find any time to do it :(, just wish some other fresh people do it.
Enable ICS (Windows Internet Connection Shatring) on your VPN and it MUST work when VPN connected. It is not relate to BarbaTunnel.
  1. Make sure you enable ICS on VPN
  2. Do you have Windows 8? It has really problem on ICS! turn on and off ICS services.
    3, I already run ICS and my android device connected with ICS
  3. Make sure mobile device use your desktop gateway 192.168.137.1. Restart you mobile device after you enable ICS sometimes they strongly cash DNS and routes.
    Good luck
Hi ,

Yes i using windows 8 and it seems ICS is so bad , but i try many times with no success , i Run ICS with my lan and My Mobile device got ip and have internet

when i ICS with my VPN My mobile connect and give ip but no internet .
May 26, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Hi
This is issue with Windows 8, I already have this issue on my Windows 8 station no matter you are using BarbaTunnel or not, the issue raised in Windows 8 when using direct VPN too (without BarbaTunnel). I got some success to restart ICS service after VPN connected. you can do it in Local Services Windows or with following command (run as administrator)
run>cmd (Administrator)
net stop SharedAccess
net start SharedAccess

By the way it is not relate to BarbaTunnel, I don't know more about it just share you my experience.
Cheers
May 27, 2013 at 6:30 AM
BarbaCoder wrote:
Hi
This is issue with Windows 8, I already have this issue on my Windows 8 station no matter you are using BarbaTunnel or not, the issue raised in Windows 8 when using direct VPN too (without BarbaTunnel). I got some success to restart ICS service after VPN connected. you can do it in Local Services Windows or with following command (run as administrator)
run>cmd (Administrator)
net stop SharedAccess
net start SharedAccess

By the way it is not relate to BarbaTunnel, I don't know more about it just share you my experience.
Cheers
Thanks for your nice Experience , yes it work on windows 8 , but i really hate Windows 8 ICS , it so slow . i have good speed on my PC but slow in mobile .

anyway thanks .
May 27, 2013 at 6:53 AM
i have good speed on my PC but slow in mobile .
The speed should not relate to ICS.
May 27, 2013 at 6:59 AM
BarbaCoder wrote:
i have good speed on my PC but slow in mobile .
The speed should not relate to ICS.
i Check all things like firewall and etc every thing was ok , i have good Surf and speed on PC , but slow on Mobile .
May 27, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Are you sure both using same VPN connection shared ob desktop? How check your mobile speed?
May 27, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Edited May 27, 2013 at 7:29 AM
BarbaCoder wrote:
Are you sure both using same VPN connection shared ob desktop? How check your mobile speed?
hmm Yes , i also installed Speedtest App on my ios Device , and feel slow on surf internet .
May 27, 2013 at 7:52 AM
i install Barba on my another PC Windows 7 x64 . i got these Errors :

i installed .Net , and reboot PC .

Barba Client Started...
Version: 7.0
FilterDriver: WinDivert
Error: Failed to open Divert device (577)!
1) Try to Install BarbaTunnel again.
2) Make sure your windows has been restarted.
3) Make sure your Windows x64 test signing is on: BCDEDIT /SET TESTSIGNING ON
May 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Mehranexpert wrote:
BarbaCoder wrote:
hmm Yes , i also installed Speedtest App on my ios Device , and feel slow on surf internet .
speedtest app on mobile usually select bad server and not possible to select US server
May 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Mehranexpert wrote:
i install Barba on my another PC Windows 7 x64 . i got these Errors :

i installed .Net , and reboot PC .

Barba Client Started...
Version: 7.0
1) Try to Install BarbaTunnel again.
2) Make sure your windows has been restarted.
3) Make sure your Windows x64 test signing is on: BCDEDIT /SET TESTSIGNING ON
  1. run install again.
  2. Check is WinDivert.sys has signature.
  3. Check is your Windows going to TEST MODE?
    Regards
May 27, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Mehranexpert wrote:
(577) = ERROR_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH
This is an error related to the digital signature of WinDivert.sys. The most likely cause (with the driver version shipped with BarbaTunnel) is that TEST-mode has not been enabled.
May 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Hi,
Also Download BarbaTunnel again, Maybe you have virus and WinDivert.sys got infected so the signature has been changed.
May 28, 2013 at 3:45 AM
BarbaCoder wrote:
Hi,
Also Download BarbaTunnel again, Maybe you have virus and WinDivert.sys got infected so the signature has been changed.
i just shutdown and windows going to test mode and now work well .

for ios is it possible make Barbatunnel App on Appstore ? or device must be jailbreak ?
May 28, 2013 at 7:31 AM
It depend is there any packet filtering available in iOS, even Android VPN service does not meet my requests.
I don't know about your programming knowledge by I had a idea to create LocalHost (127.0.0.1) and listen to raw IP instead PacketFiltering and connect VPN to it. In my first try I found it is not possible in Windows Desktop because Microsoft does not allows to send raw TCP packets and some restrictions.
By the way I don't plan to spend much more time in this project.
Cheers