This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Use BarbaTunnel to connect to repositories hosted at s0urcef0rqe.net. Can or Cannot?

Aug 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Big Barbacoder,

I live in China, and want a connection to sourceforge to retrieve MinGW's repository.

Unfortunately, it's a blocked site that's out of my reach, you must have idea about that situation in my guess. don't you?

It is that I have downloaded mingw-get-inst-20120426.exe with a useful app, name it, goagent, which is a proxy using 127.0.0.1:8087 and google app engine to penetrate.

It's most appreciable to have the get and inst all those binary packages in a one-time fashion for me.

Help needed, Barbacoder! And may I have a list of detailed instructions on how to configure, because I'm not that neat at those network things.

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Dear sanzoh

BarbaTunnel is not standlone anti-firewall. you can use freegate, ultrasurf or something like that. If you have remote computer in outside of china you can bypass all censorship for all application and services without any exception via VPN. If your ISP already close VPN protocol you can use BarbaTunnel to establish VPN.

Have nice day.

Aug 9, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Sorry for it sounds like a request for supporting for many other network pieces not born from here. I MEAN,

by goagent alone I had downloaded everything I want, it works like freegate, ultrasurf or the likes.

While mingw-get-inst-20120426.exe just do not accept proxy configuration.

Can't BarbaTunnel just singly redirect outgoing TCP (or maybe HTTP?) packets to local 127.0.0.1:8087(goagent), without any externel server side, to make all this right?

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2012 at 7:41 AM

yes, it can. but are sure the target port accept incoming packets?

you can redirect any outgoing TCP or UDP port to another port, but I don't sure is it redirect back to local server (127.0.0.1) or not.

Why just don't try it?

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:06 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Great. And a instance response. Thank you, barbacode!

for I'm not able to make any comfort with those network things. What is a target port? Well I'm not blocked at ip level, I guess that fact and am making a sure for that. It's sourceforge blocked, at name level and at ip level.

then what to name the ServerName folder, which INI file I'd edit, and how to customize those items (for example, http-retunnel.ini have entries like real port, and a TunnelPorts, it and those other entries make me mentally a disorder; it seems much much complicated for me)?

May I have a servername folder (including its content) which is made by barbacoder?

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Create a folder in config with any name such as "myconfig", But I think it will not work because your local service does not know what to with incoming packet in that port. you should try to establish VPN.

then add following

* server address is the IP of your local server

* key: should be empty

* RealPort: is target port such as 80 or 443 (for https)

Note: just open "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" and add

127.0.0.1                   googleapp (just remote domain)

SAMPLE

[General]

ServerAddress=127.0.0.1

Enabled=1

Mode=TCP-Redirect

Key= 

TunnelPorts=8087

RealPort=443

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2012 at 11:23 AM

It failed..

All right, I give up. I feel Big Barbacoder your tunnel ware is that terrific not only to compliment with goagent kind penetration solutions as a low end free beer deserve more more people to have, also itself alone for the savvy feature to eliminate VPN trace-ability. I seriously consider a paid VPN service from now on.

By the way as personal interest as it can be, wouldn't your suggest to use a BarbaTunnel on server side right just before a VPN daemon means VPN providers buying your app or users those want wall penetration have to buy a VPS service and install BarbaTunnel server by himself?

Following is my attempts:

1) change as ConfigFileName=127.0.0.1, which is under [Server] section and in RootFolder\BarbaTunnel.ini file.

2) create a new folder under Config folder as 127.0.0.1, copy and paste to create an file, HTTP-Retunnel.ini.

3) here is its content

[General]
ServerAddress=127.0.0.1
Enabled=1
Mode=TCP-Redirect
Key=
TunnelPorts=8087
RealPort=443
;GrabProtocols=GRE:*,TCP:1723
MaxUserConnections=
FakeFileTypes=jpg,zip
FakeFileMaxSize=
FakePacketMinSize=
KeepAliveInterval=
RequestDataKeyName=

4) try start service in BarbaTunnel Monitor, and fail.

5) kill BarbaTunnel and modify hosts file as prescribed as above, change 127.0.0.1 resolve to /googleapp/ in lateral (without slashes). Monitor says I'm failing again so  stop trying.

As a really-low-networking-knowledged-and-amateur computationist, figure that concentrating more on compilation technology is a more proper form to use my free time than biting on some network textbook trying to understand and help BarbaTunnel or goagent.

Best regards to barbacoder, and now time to grab the ton of binaries one by one.

cheers.

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Sorry, its very hard for me to understand your english language to continue.

But if you can order a VPN you should do that, BarbaTunnel will help you if your ISP block the VPN connection. in that case you should install BarbaTunnel in both server and clinet. you can also oder cheap Windows VPS server and install VPN on it

Regards

Aug 9, 2012 at 12:10 PM

So you are willing to spend more time on support for working with goagent?
while I'm very glad to hear that, but you really do?
That can be a time-consuming conversation..

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM

dear sanzoh

Unfortunately I don't plan to support goagent

Regards