This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

how to use barba tunnel?

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM

hello i saw this software and wondering if it could help me. I am using wi-free service before to bypass the expensive captive portal in my workplace. Lately they have blocked it and cannot connect anymore to the servers. I know how to use it coz its just point and click and then the connection will start automatically. Can barba tunnel help the software of wi-free to bypass again the firewall in my workplace? Is it possible? and please send me a detailed instruction I am willing to study and learn on how to use it.

Coordinator
Mar 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Dear RollyBoy

the answer is so simple

• Can you browse the web, I mean do you have web internet access? for example can you see google.com or wikipedia.com in your webbrowser without specifying proxy settings?

If yes, BarbaTunnel can absolutely help you, just setup VPN and run barba-tunnel. you should have server or rent a computer where the internet not filtered. IF no, you can't do anything.

Instruction

1. Install VPN server, you can ask an windows administrator if you don't have enough knowledge or you can read following document to setup it yourself: http://barbatunnel.codeplex.com/documentation (see related documents section)
  2. Now, you can browse internet after you connect with VPN no need BarbaTunnel yet, but if VPN protocol blocked or got so slow and unusable just run BarbaTunnel in both site. read here: http://barbatunnel.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Quick%20Start&referringTitle=Documentation

VPN server can installed on Windows 7 workstation too, but I didn't document it here yet.

Regards

Mar 18, 2012 at 6:21 PM

i really dont have any idea using this software. Its like this i want to use my software wi-free in the hotspot so that i can bypass the billing system of the expensive charge in my workplace. But recently they have blocked the software and i cannot use it anymore is there anyway that i can use it again functionally? Do you mean that i should have internet access first before i can use the barba? i have internet access but i cannot browse until i buy a code from the billing system of the captive portal my company issues. Please help me thanks...

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Edited Mar 18, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Hi

Dear rolly, BarbaTunnel could not solve your problem, BarbaTunnel is useful for whom that they have internet access but there is many restriction in their region, for example facebook, youtube, messenger, political sites against government and thousands of site are filtered , they have restrict firewall in their internet such as china, some companies or schools. BarbaTunnel is not useful in your case.

BarbaTunnel and any other tunnel or proxy will not work when you have not internet access.

You are so lucky that you can get internet access buy money, l know many people that dream to spend much more money to access uncensored internet but they can't

Regards

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:35 PM

ok thank you so much for the information i really appreciate it

more power on your future projects and developments GOD BLESS...