Proxy Client

Jan 14, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Hello,

First of all I want to congratulate you developers of this tunneling application, Because it's idea is very awesome and help me and many of my friends very much,

But as a suggestion I wan to ask you if it's possible to add Proxy Client part on client side of BarbaTunnel so instead of using WinpkFilter to redirect packets it can be used by simply change proxy configuration in many application like web browsers or in my case putty,

I'm eager to hear about your opinions on this feature request.

Kind regards

Coordinator
Jan 14, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Dear hgoles

Thank you for your interest. I already got that idea. It will be good to create Local Host listener and connect VPN to local host instead using WinpkFilter. but there is two thing

1) Why you don't use WinpkFilter and VPN? The only reason that I believe it, is that it can be implement on linux, android and IOS because WinpkFilter does not work on that platforms, otherwise there is not benefit to ignore WinpkFilter.

2) I really not have time to implement that, hope some people enjoy this project to implement (At-least client side) for android, linux and IOS.

Regards

Jan 14, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Thanks,

The main reason behind my suggestion was because many firewall and anti-virus applications prevent WinpkFilter to work properly, ( now I have this issue with Kaspersky )

And second reason is while I want to show other not technical people your way of tunneling it's harder to configure with WinpkFilter,

How ever, I guess i can dedicated a little portion of my time to implement this feature so please if you can show me the begin of the road,

Regards

Coordinator
Jan 14, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Welcome back

1. local Firewall and Antivirus usually not have issue with WinpkFilter, if you see they block BarbaTunnel its for winsock used for HTTP-Tunnel. 
  2. As I see setting proxy server is more advanced than just installing WinpkFilter, WinpkFilter does not need any knowledge and configure, user just need to install it.
  3. Anyway if you like to use local host instead PacketFiltering, just try to do following, if you got any success to implement it, we can merge it to barbatunnel.
  • Create a local host with winsock
  • Connect VPN to ypur local-host and redirect the packets to your VPN server.
  • You should be able to connect to your VPN server via your client Local Host.

Perhaps you need to change route-table to prevent loop-back.

I don't know how much it really possible, but if you success to implement such thing we can merge it to barbatubbel

Good Luck

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:37 PM

It seems an other open source project has already implemented the proxy idea,

http://http-tunnel.sourceforge.net/

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Nice project, It seem it work on linux too. but running BarbaTunnel is much easier for end-user if you try it. 

Anyway thanks for your announce.

Regards