This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Barba dosnt work as before

May 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Hi dear barba coder
I used to work with barba but recently I cant get connected with barba I am behind Iran firewall,
has any thing changed?It seems like they have improved their firewall.would u please update me on that?
Coordinator
May 14, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Hi,
I will release version 7.0 soon, you can check my new method HTTP-Bombard mode. slower but pass many proxies. I will add bombard mode to documentation as when as I release new version,
http://barbatunnel.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Version%20History&referringTitle=Home
Cheers
May 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM
hi barba
when is the release date?
thx
Coordinator
May 14, 2013 at 3:22 PM
I wish Less than 1 week.
May 14, 2013 at 3:53 PM
in which osi layer does it work?
Coordinator
May 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Edited May 14, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Both "Network data-link layer" OR "Network Transport Layer" depends of FilterDriver you choose
  1. WinPkFilter capture packets at "Network data-link laye"
  2. WinDiver capture packets at "Network Transport Layer"
Cheers
May 14, 2013 at 4:21 PM
it has been always a question for me that why developers like you dosnt turn to icmp-base tunneling which would be more successful in tunneling era
cheers
Coordinator
May 14, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Yes, I think so, ICMP is very good and more fast, I just not have time.
As I little research previously some about ICMP I found data can simply send to server with echo(PING) request, but to receive data the echo will not be good choice because firewall can simply detect the reply does not match the sent request. by the way I may implement it as one way tunnel to boost the performance with conjunction of other tunnel protocol.
If you know more about ICMP tunnel just let me to know specially about how to receive data.
Regards